In Luke 24 we read the story of a resurrected Jesus walking with two guys who were unsure about Him. Jesus is patient with doubt. He asks them questions and slowly points to the truth in Scripture. They asked Him, the “living truth”, to sit down with them and eat. That is when their eyes were open.
Let’s take time to look at what “We Believe”. It’s a perfect time to ask questions and grow in the “confident hope” that Jesus wants us to have. Over the next five weeks we’ll discuss what we believe about: God, salvation, the spirit filled life, worship, and prayer.
We’re all about helping people connect with Jesus, grow in faith, and share His love.
Remember, if you have to miss a Sunday for work you can always listen to a previous Sunday talk at iTunes (search City Bible Church Baltimore) or on our web site.
Here’s a snapshot of what we believe:
- God is so passionate about each one of us; He’s bigger, better and closer than we could imagine.
- The Bible is the perfect guidebook for living life.
- Jesus is God clothing Himself in humanity so we can see Him.
- God lives in and through us now by the Holy Spirit and wants us to be filled and overflowing with His presence.
- Nothing we see around is an accident. God created it all.
- We could never do enough good things to have a relationship with God. Grace is the only way to step into a relationship with Him.
- Trusting and relying solely upon God is the only way we grow in our relationship with Him.
- With God we win, all other options lead to failure. God has allowed evil to provide us with two choices. If we choose God, He can bring good even out of evil events and He tells us in the Bible that there is victory for those who choose Him. The other option isn’t so good.
- Death is a beginning not an end. The beginning of the rest of your life will be in one of two very real places, heaven or hell.
- The church is God’s family and He wants the church to do as He did, to serve people just as He did.
- Jesus is very real and He is coming back.