Here’s some source material, for CBCB Life Group Leaders, to consider when discussing this coming Sunday’s “Have a Seat” Part 2:
(Please keep in mind that this raw source material. Please prayerfully consider what discussion questions to lead your group with. The Scriptures listed here should prove very helpful. Thanks for serving people! You’re reflecting Jesus and working on something that lasts!)
“God showed His great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.” Romans 5:8
- With God we win, all other options lead to failure. God has allowed evil to provide us two choices.
- Death is a beginning not an end. The beginning of the rest of your life will be in one of two very real places, heaven or hell.
Eternal Results to our Response:
- Luke 16:19-31
- Luke 13:22-30
- Matthew 25:31-46Acts 17:30-31
- 2 Thessalonians 1:6-9
- Revelation 20:11-15; 21:1-8, 22-27; 22:1-7
Jesus chose strong & terrifying language when He spoke of hell. I believe He chose to speak this way because He loves us & wanted to warn us.
- We could never do enough good things to have a relationship with God.
- Grace is the only way to step into a relationship with Him.
“Those who listen to my message & believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life.” John 5:24
Fresh Start – A second chance at life. By turning away from our sin and turning to Jesus we are provided an opportunity to be new.
“To cause to be completely reformed or improved; to re-establish on a new basis”
“It is a new beginning, a creative act of God.”
“It is spiritual re-birth, spiritual renovation, renewal, re-creation, restoration of things to intended state.”
- You are new.
- You are saved.
- You have eternal life.
- You will not be judged.
Water Baptism – Public confession of your faith in Jesus. Immersion in water as a symbol of identifying with Jesus’ death, burial, & resurrection. A sign of death to your “old” life and a resurrection into your “new” life.
- Trusting & relying upon God is the only way we grow in our relationship with Him.
Fresh Start – Evidences
- Ability to Call God, Your Father
- Considering Heaven
- Free from Sin
- Ability to Live Right
- Love for God & Others
- Love for God’s Word
- New Desires
- Romans 8:16
- Galatians 4:6
- Colossians 3:1-3
- Romans 6:14
- 1 John 3:7, 4:19
- Psalm 119:97
- 1 Peter 2:2-3
- 2 Peter 1:4
Helping people connect with Jesus, grow in faith, and share His love.