Day 15 Sunday January 22
“Lord, please help me to grow closer to You by reading, digesting, memorizing, and putting to use Your Word. Please help me become more familiar with the Bible, honoring it as Your word to me.”
- Like newborns we must crave pure spiritual milk so that we will grow into a full experience of salvation. We will cry out for this nourishment, now that we have had a taste of the Lord’s kindness.
- So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17
- We cannot live by food alone but by every Word that comes from the mouth of God. Matthew 4:4
- Let these words be your weapons as you fight. 1 Timothy 1:18 (CEV)
- Many of the benefits of Scripture (and how we should relate to it) are listed in Psalms 119
“Lord, thank You for speaking to me through Your Word the Bible. Today I choose to read it with faith. Today I choose to read it and pray about it. Today and every day I choose to obey Your Word. Thank You Lord for this Treasure!”
Please take time to read the Bible today. Expand your reading. If this is a first, try starting with Psalm 23. If you usually read a few verses, try a longer chapter. If you usually read three chapters, try several. Find a verse that speaks to you and memorize it.